EPFO vide circular no.WSU/37(1)2019/DOB in supersession of earlier circulars dated 12th December 2006 and 12th December 2017 has accepted certain documents as a valid proof of date of birth in case of any dispute in the date of birth.
As per the notification, the following are the list of documents:
(1) Birth Certificate issued by the Registrar of Births and Deaths
(2) Any School/education-related Certificate
(3) Certificate based on the service records of the Central/ State Government Organisations
(5) In the absence of proof of date of birth as above, Medical Certificate issued by Civil Surgeon after examining the member medically and supported with an affidavit on oath by the member duly authenticated by a Competent Court
(6) Aadhar/e-Aadhar: the change in date of birth shall be accepted as per Aadhar /e- Aadhar up to a maximum range of plus or minus three years of the date of birth recorded earlier with EPFO.
Please refer to the notification for detailed information